ここからサイトの主なメニューです
ここからページの本文です

Historical Record

Date Articles
Apr. 1943 The Institute for Sea Training was organized in the Maritime Agency, the Ministry of Communication, in order to enlarge and reinforce merchant marine education. The new system of the merchant marine education was established by integrating and managing training ships, Taisei Maru, Shintoku Maru, Nippon Maru, and Kaiwo Maru.
Nov.1943 The Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Transport and Communication (MTC) in consequence of the reorganization of the government. The headquarters of the Institute was moved into the governmental building of MTC.
Nov.1944~Mar.1945 In order to respond to increase of the number of trainees to be marine officers under the wartime, seven training ships, which are termed standard type training ship of the wartime such as Akastuki Maru and wooden training ships such as Ogishima Maru andothers , were built.
Apr. 1945 The Institute opened its Kobe Branch Office in Kobe city.
May. 1945 The Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Transportin consequence of the administrative reorganization.
Ded.1945~ Jan.1951 The training ships engaged in the voyage to bring the Japanese returnees back home from the foreign countries after the end of the World War?.
Jan. 1952 Nippon Maru had her sails and riggings restored at the Uraga shipyard.
Dec. 1952 The training ship Hokuto Maru (1,600 GT) was newly built and she came into commission to take the place of Oyashio Maru and Akastuki Maru which were the wartime standard type training ships and simultaneously decommissioned.
Jan.1953~ Aug.1965 As the recovery of the remains of the dead soldiers of the World War?was implemented as a national affair during this period, the institute dispatched the training ships to Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Philippine Islands and Southern sea Islands in order to cooperate on the mission, so that the institute could engage in unearthing and gathering the remains of dead soldiers and constructing the monument.
June 1953 Nippon Maru made the first ocean voyage to Hilo in Hawaii islands after the end of the World War II.
Feb.1954 Otaru Maru purchased from Nippon Yusen K.K was remodeled as the training ship Taisei Maru and she came into commission to take the place of Wakashio Maru and Kuroshio Maru which were the wartime standard type training ships and simultaneously decommissioned.
May.1955 KobeUniversity of Merchant Marine was established in 1952. Unzen Maru purchased from Nippon Yusen K.K was remodeled as the training ship Ginga Maru and she came into commission, in order to respond to increase of the cadets.
Aug.1955~Sep.1959 The training ships engaged in the voyage to bring the Japanese returnees back home from the region of the Soviet Union.
Dec.1955 Kaiwo Maru had her sails and riggings restored at the Uraga shipyard.
June 1958 Nippon Maru called at Victoria and Vancouver to participate in the Centennial of the British Columbia, Canada.
July 1960 Both Nippon Maru and Kaiwo Maru participated in the Centennial of the Treaty of Amity and Commerce between Japan and the United States as goodwill envoys. Nippon Maru called at New York and Baltimore, passing through the Panama Cannel for the first time as the Japanese training ship. Kaiwo Maru called at San Francisco and Honolulu.
July 1961 Both Nippon Maru and Kaiwo Maru took part in the International Transpacific Yacht Race between Los Angeles and Honolulu.
Dec. 1962 The training ship Shintoku Maru (the second Shintoku Maru; 3,000 GT) was built and she came into commission to take the place of the former Shitoku Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned. Her launching ceremony was held in the presence of the Crown Prince and Princess, and Princess Michiko cut the launching rope.
Mar. 1966 Dedicated pier (Harumi Pire H-2) was newly constructed at Harumi in Tokyo.
June 1966 The headquarters of the Institute was moved into the Kasumigaseki No.3 governmental building.
Feb. 1967 The EmbarkationCenter of the Institute was constructed at Kachidoki in Chuou ward (at the Sumida river side), Tokyo.
Nov. 1968 The training ship Seiun Maru was newly built, and she came into commission in order to respond to increase of the cadets and to implementation of the sea training which meets maritime technical innovation. She was equipped with various new nautical instruments and a computer as a pioneer in the computerization of vessels.
Aug.1969 Seiun Maru made an around-the-world voyage as the Japanese training ship for the first time after the end of the World War?.
Dec.1972 The training ship Ginga Maru (the second Ginga Maru; 5,000 GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Ginga Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.
Nov.1974 Dedicated pier (Ariake Pire R-L) was newly constructed at Ariake in Tokyo.
June 1976 The training ship Hokuto Maru (the second Hokuto Maru; 5,800 GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Hokuto Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.
July 1976 Both Nippon Maru and Kaiwo Maru participated in the American Bicentennial Ceremony (The Operation Sail 1976). Nippon Maru called at New York and Kaiwo Maru called at Seattle.
Mar.1981 The training ship Taisei Maru (the third Taisei Maru; 5,800GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Taisei Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned. Her launching ceremony was held in the presence of the Crown Prince and Princess, and Princess Michiko cut the launching rope.
Oct. 1983 The training ship Shintoku Maru was decommissioned.
Sept.1984 The training ship Nippon Maru (the second Nippon Maru; 2,500GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Nippon Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned. Nippon Maru was the largest sized sail training ship that was built only by Japanese own technologies for the first time, including design and manufacture of sailing gears. As far as the design of sailing gears and shape of the hull are concerned, long experience of the institute in operating sailing ships was greatly reflected. Her launching ceremony was held in the presence of the Crown Prince and Princess, and Princess Michiko cut the launching rope.
Jan. 1988 Nippon Maru called at Sidney to participate in the Australian Bicentennial Ceremony (The Tall Ship Australia 1988).
Sept.1989 The training ship Kaiwo Maru (the second Kaiwo Maru; 2,500GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Kaiwo Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.
July 1992 Kaiwo Maru called at New York and Boston to participate in the Christopher Columbus Quincentenary (The Operation Sail 1992 & Sail Boston 1992).
July 1993 The headquarters of the institute was moved into the Yokohama N0.2 governmental building.
Nov.1993 The Institute celebrated the 50th anniversary.
Oct. 1997 The training ship Seiun Maru (the second Seiun Maru; 5,800GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Seiun Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.
July 2000 Kaiwo Maru called at New York, Boston and Halifax (Canada) to take part in the Operation Sail 2000 and the Tall Ship 2000.
Jan. 2001 The Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport in consequence of the administrative reorganization.
Apr. 2001 The Institute was transformed into an Independent Administrative Institution in consequence of the administrative reform.
Apr. 2004 The training ship Hokuto Maru (the second Hokuto Maru; 5,800GT) was decommissioned.
June 2004 The training ship Ginga Maru (the third Ginga Maru; 6,100GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Ginga Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.
Oct. 2004 Kaiwo Maru was stranded on the breakwater by the unexpected strong wind, the typhoon No.23-induced at the port of Fushikitoyama.
Jan. 2006 Refitting work of Kaiwo Maru was completed, and she came into recommission.
Apr. 2014 The training ship Taisei Maru (the fourth Taisei Maru; 3,990GT) was built, and she came into commission to take the place of the former Taisei Maru which was simultaneously decommissioned.

Page Top

Main Menu begins from here.

Display : Mobile | PC